Why You May Need An Extra Stage In Your Sales Process?
Are your prospects constantly saying “I need to think about it”? Do they turn around to you and say “can you put this in an email for me”? Or my favourite “its good to know what you charge”.
Now I have failed to deal with these objections too and yes I have found out later that a certain prospect has done business with a competitor. I remember committing to myself that I would never let this happen again so easily.
After continuing to work on my sales process and learn from the best in the business, I started to see very quickly where I was going wrong. I had to implement an extra touchpoint/stage in my process. Upon doing this it changed my businesses and has never let me down in sales roles that I have pursued.
The first thing I work on with new clients is their sales process and whether an extra stage is needed.
Now if you’re reading this and you’re wondering why an extra stage can help you overcome objections, read on:
3 REASONS AN EXTRA TOUCHPOINT WORKS
If you make a call to a prospect out of the blue and try to close a sale immediately, your prospects are thinking you’re trying to close a sale. However, if you’re calling to quickly learn or qualify your prospect in the first call, your prospect starts to see you’re trying to help them, this increases your credibility.
If your clients think that you’re hanging around to make a sale your positioning is quite poor. By adding an extra process to qualify your clients it will position you as someone everyone wants to see because of the value you have to offer.
If you make a cold call or even a warm call to a lead that has just come from your website, your prospect doesn’t know your process. It makes them feel out of control and tricked into something. By adding an extra step, you get to explain how you are going to sell to them. I know this sounds counter-intuitive, but in a world where people are too ashamed to say they are “selling”, if you do this your customer will trust you even more!
In conclusion, an extra stage in your process provides the opportunity to add credibility, authority and trust.
If you are wanting extra tips to boost your sales, download my 3 part free video series here- http://bit.ly/2nY6OSo
P.S. Whenever you’re ready here are 4 ways I can help you close more sales on the phone
- Grab a free copy of my objection handling checklist
It’s 5 steps to help you close sales on 75% of your calls through handling any objection in under 3 minutes! ==> Download Here
- Join the Private Free Facebook Group and connect with other business owners
It’s our new Facebook community where business owners learn and brainstorm on how to make more money in much less time==> Join Here
- Join Our Implementation Program and be a Case Study
I’m putting together a new closers case study group at the end of this month….stay tuned for details. If you’d like to work with me on closing more deals and doing it in less time……..just post in the comments “Case Study” and we’ll get you the details.
- Work with me and my team privately
If you’d like to get our team to directly close sales for your business….just post a message below this blog and put “Private” in the comments section… I’ll get you all the details!
- EP 10 – Taki Moore – How To Become A Million Dollar Coach
- HOW TO BE STRESS FREE?
- The One Objection Everyone Fails To Handle
- After Trying Various Scripts, Andy Made 4 High Ticket Clients In 1 Week Using “Shadow Based Persuasion”
- Ep 17- Keynote at Sales For Startups
- 3 Must Haves To Be Your Own Boss
- EP 15 – 3 Reasons Why Salespeople Should Work Commission Only?
- LIVE SALES COACHING SESSION- CLOSING STRATEGIES
- After 2 Months With No Sales, Phoebe Used “Shadow Based Persuasion” To Make $10k In A Month
- How Ex-Uber Driver Vishan Made 7 High Ticket Sales Using “Shadow Based Persuasion”
- How To Avoid Poor Sales Performance?
- WHY YOU’RE NOT PICKING UP THE PHONE?
- How Vivi signed 20 clients in 2 weeks after using “Shadow Based Persuasion”
- I Need To Think About It… You Say
- EP 22 – How To Have A Growth Mindset