How To Handle Sales Objections
I remember when I started out in business at only 18 years old the majority of my sales objections was that prospects needed to check with their partner. The memories of selling a client completely on my service only to immediately have a decision stalled due to a partner’s absence frustrated me immensely. This continued for a whole 2 years! It got to the point where I would book appointments after hours just so I could get both partners at the same time on the phone.
If you’re tired of bending over backward for a potential sale, read on.
There’s 1 secret I learned that enabled me to move past this problem. It was this if your customer throws a stall/objection that you struggle to handle, it’s because you have the same objection when purchasing a product/service yourself.
I at the time wasn’t confident in making decisions by myself, so I bought into the fact that the prospect needed their partner to help them. However, if I was confident in making decisions myself I would have understood the prospect’s situation but not have completely bought into it.
The steps I am about to show you transformed my sales results as it increased my awareness of why I would buy into certain objections and how I can change it.
Today I use these 3 steps to overcome any frequent sales objection that beats me.
1.I ensure I understand the customers’ objection very clearly and then aim to list and identify all the times I have used the same objection.
2.Once I have done this, I list all the drawbacks to my life when I have made this objection. E.g. Not buying a helpful product on the spot will cause more procrastination and time wasted in the future.
3.Finally, I reflect on what I would have wanted to hear from the sales rep or business owner to make a decision on the spot at that time. E.g. More assurance enabled me to feel confident, more social proof etc.
This process has never let me down! Give it a go yourself and message me your results!
If you’ve enjoyed this article, like and share it with other entrepreneurs and sales reps that you know will benefit.
Wanting more training to boost your sales quickly? Download my video series that will enable you to do this! Go get it via this link- http://bit.ly/2nY6OSo
P.S. Whenever you’re ready here are 4 ways I can help you close more sales on the phone
- Grab a free copy of my objection handling checklist
It’s 5 steps to help you close sales on 75% of your calls through handling any objection in under 3 minutes! ==> Download Here
- Join the Private Free Facebook Group and connect with other business owners
It’s our new Facebook community where business owners learn and brainstorm on how to make more money in much less time==> Join Here
- Join Our Implementation Program and be a Case Study
I’m putting together a new closers case study group at the end of this month….stay tuned for details. If you’d like to work with me on closing more deals and doing it in less time……..just post in the comments “Case Study” and we’ll get you the details.
- Work with me and my team privately
If you’d like to get our team to directly close sales for your business….just post a message below this blog and put “Private” in the comments section… I’ll get you all the details!
- How To Sell Without Clashing With Your Prospects
- EP 18- Why You Should Love Getting Told No?
- Why You’re Feeling Negative?
- EP 24 – Your Inner Circle
- EP 9 – Marc Mawhinney – Dealing With Adversity & Becoming A Successful Coach
- EP 15 – 3 Reasons Why Salespeople Should Work Commission Only?
- Ep 17- Keynote at Sales For Startups
- How To Make A Cold Call
- WHY YOU’RE NOT PICKING UP THE PHONE?
- How Vivi signed 20 clients in 2 weeks after using “Shadow Based Persuasion”
- How Ex-Uber Driver Vishan Made 7 High Ticket Sales Using “Shadow Based Persuasion”
- EP 11 – Jordan D’Urbano – How To Deal With Doubt & Negativity
- EP 10 – Taki Moore – How To Become A Million Dollar Coach
- Should you get a 1 on 1 coach?
- How To Avoid Poor Sales Performance?